No one wants to suffer a loss but, if it happens, here are some guidelines to follow:
- First, contact your agent or broker. They will assist you in filing your claim.
- If your agent or broker is not available, you can contact us from anywhere in Canada or the Continental United States using our toll-free:
- 24-hour claims response line at 1-800-268-3069.
- This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you have suffered a loss, please contact us by telephone or email for prompt claims service. You are also able to submit a new claim online through our Claims Form.
Information that you should have available for an automobile loss
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, insurance companies and policy numbers of all parties involved
- Name, badge number and police force of investigating officer(s), if reported to police
- Addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses
- Address and telephone number of the location of your vehicle, if towed
Information that you should have available for a property loss
- Address and telephone number where you can be contacted
- Details of the claim
- Your policy number