Estate/Hobby Farm Insurance
Peel Mutual Insurance Company has specialized in insuring rural properties since 1876. We understand the insurance needs of our policyholders, including owners of "Country Estate" residences who have particular requirements in insurance. These properties, unlike households without an agricultural exposure, require insurance on outbuildings, equipment and livestock. They also need specialized liability insurance to provide adequate protection.
Our Pegasus Policy is designed to insure your "Country Estate," providing special coverage for your unique property.
WHY IS IT SPECIAL?
The Pegasus Policy provides features for your protection that are essential for a property with farm related operations. It provides protection for farm exposures, such as livestock and use of farm machinery, which is excluded on residential insurance policies.
WHO SHOULD HAVE A PEGASUS POLICY?
If your "Country Estate" residence is an owner occupied, single family dwelling and you meet any two of the following criteria:
then you should protect your investment and your lifestyle with a Pegasus Policy.
- you own up to 10 acres
- you have a gross annual income from farming not exceeding $8,000
- you have less than 6 farm animals
- you have saddle animals
WHAT ARE THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF A PEGASUS POLICY?
We include the following special features in our Pegasus Policy:
The above is general information. Specific details of insurance, including exclusions, is contained within the insurance policy.
- All Risk coverage on your dwelling and your outbuildings
- All Risk coverage on your personal property
- All Risk coverage on your scheduled farm machinery
- Broad Form coverage on your scheduled livestock
- Produce cover up to $1,000 (higher limits available)
- Tack cover up to $1,000 (higher limits available)
- Liability insurance specific to farm related operations
HOW DO I GET A QUOTE?
Your local agent/broker representing Peel Mutual Insurance Company will be pleased to provide you with a quote. Please see our Agents and Brokers page to find an agent or broker near you.
Your local agent/broker knows your community and subsequent insurance. They can help you set up the insurance program you need.