Peel Mutual Residential Insurance
Update Your Insurance when you Update your home!
You’ve hired the contractors and picked out tiles, cabinets and fixtures. But there’s another important item for your renovation to-do list. And it’s even more important than deciding whether to paint the walls moss green or aubergine.
Review your home insurance policy and call your insurance provider.
You could be in for an unhappy surprise if your home isn’t insured according to what it would cost to rebuild it after a natural disaster. And with severe weather on the rise, it’s becoming even more important to update your policy when you renovate. In fact, your policy requires that you inform your insurer before any material changes are made to your home. Even a minor do-it-yourself renovation could affect the value of your home. For example, it could increase the risk of fire or water damage.
Your insurance agent or broker will be able to answer your questions and put your mind at ease. Taking a few moments to review your policy and consult with your broker or agent will give you peace of mind as you complete your dream renovation.
Your home is often one of the most significant investments that you have so it is vital that you find the right insurance policy to protect your hard-earned assets. We insure all forms of residential property, whether you own or rent, and can provide a solution that fits your needs:
- Tenant’s Package
- Rental Properties (when we insure the principal residence)
- Jewelry Floaters
- Condominium unit owners
- Seasonal Homes (when we insure the principal residence)
- Other Personal Articles
When you insure with Peel Mutual, you insure with security. We also offer a wide range of discounts (up to 70% off):
- Claims Free
- New Home (built within the past 10 years)
- Loyal Customer
- Non Smoker
- Mortgage Free
- Mature Citizen (50+)
- Automobile Insured Discount
- Monitored Home Burglar Alarms
- Identity Theft protection
- Sewer Backup included to policy limits with no additional premium
- Choice One / Comprehensive One / Broad One packages that offer reduced premium for property without Detached Private Structures
- Mature Tenant’s Package – coverage for mature citizens residing in establishments built for the purpose of housing senior citizens