I was almost seven years old when my neighbourí¢äåä¢s house í¢äåñblew up.í¢äå It was summertime, and I was watching my sisterí¢äåä¢s softball game when the sky turned menacing shades of red and black. The game was called off because of an approaching thunderstorm, so my sister, dad and I piled into the car and headed home. When we pulled onto our street we saw fire trucks lined up around the block and all of our neighbours crowded into the streets and on their porches.
The Provincial Government has recently passed a bill that will require all homes in Ontario to be equipped with a carbon monoxide detector. The law, similar to the requirement for smoke detectors, will be enforced by local fire departments under the Fire Prevention and Protection Act and is expected to take effect in early 2014.
"...My adjuster at Peel Mutual and the contractor sent to assess and repair the damage to our home were all very knowledgeable. They were pleasant, courteous, and friendly. They all really knew what they were doing. – Jonathan C."