Peel Mutual’s network of qualified insurance agents and brokers is there to provide you with local, knowledgeable and professional insurance advice and services. These brokers get to know you, your needs and your community.
We pay standard industry commissions to these brokers, and they may participate in Profit Sharing Programs. Our standard commission rates are:
- Automobile Insurance: 12.5%
- Farm Insurance: 20%
- Residential Insurance: 20%
- Business Insurance: 20%
Profit Sharing Programs
Agents and Brokers that meet certain minimum requirements for the amount of insurance they place with Peel Mutual are eligible to participate in Profit Sharing Programs. These Programs are offered to profitable agents and brokers in addition to the commission they earned in placing your business with us as a reward for helping us to meet our business objectives.
Typically, the total amounts paid out over the last few years to agents and brokers in the Profit Sharing Program has been less than 2% of written premium each year.
At times, our agents and brokers need other assistance – i.e. when they are looking to expand their operations, buy out shareholders, or invest in new technology. Our financial support in these cases consists of loans made at interest rates comparable to chartered institutional lenders.
Why should I use an Insurance Agent or Broker?
Your agent or broker works for you. They are at your side when you buy or upgrade your insurance or if you have to make a claim.
Whether you’re looking for a basic car insurance policy or a complete suite of commercial insurance coverage for your business, you need to find the right insurance that will keep you protected. There are a number of ways to find insurance coverage, but how can you get the insurance coverage that’s best for you?
An agent or broker is your best option when it comes to finding insurance coverage. Here’s why:
- Insurance brokers and agents are business people whose success rests on your satisfaction with your coverage, price and service. It’s in their interest to understand your needs and negotiate on your behalf for competitive premiums and to find the right solution. He or she can also assist you with objective advice should you have to make a claim.
- Shopping around for insurance yourself can be absolutely bewildering. An insurance agent or broker is an expert when it comes to insurance – and they can do the shopping for you.
- An insurance agent or broker offers a relationship. This means that you get personal advice and support. You have an insurance expert “in your corner” with your best interests in mind.
- An insurance broker or agent is there for you when you have questions or concerns, and they can offer helpful advice and recommendations while still leaving the decision ultimately with you. The difference is that an insurance agent or broker will supply you with better options, and explain the pros and cons of each one in a way you can understand.
- You don’t have to worry about insurance, because everything is taken care of for you. You can tailor your plans based on expert advice and a clear explanation of the insurance options from your insurance agent or broker.
- Insurance agents or brokers are extremely well qualified, and must meet very high professional standards. A designated insurance broker is required to file regular financial reports to the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario, the governing body for all insurance brokers in the province of Ontario.
- The insurance industry has become more complex with its own language of terms, legal issues and subtle details. You need a knowledgeable expert at every stage of the process to interpret all rules and what they mean for you. Your agent or broker’s advice can also be invaluable, as your insurance needs change and your requirements become more complex.